British International Advanced Curriculum
What is this
- British International Advanced Curriculum.
- Aimed at students aged from 16 years to 19 years.
- AS Level – Grade 12 Equivalent
- A Level – Overseas University Entrance
- International AS and A Level curriculum.
- Wide choice of subjects.
- Focussed curriculum provided by Avicci Academy
British International AS and A Level Curriculum
Stage 12 plus
The British International A Level curriculum is a two year syllabus, for students seeking to advance their level of education. The first year of Advanced level study is AS ( Advanced Subsidiary) Level, which has its own formal external assessment. Most subjects can be started at International AS Level and extended to International A Level. Students typically study four subjects at AS Level and three subjects at A Level.
AS and A Level English Language
English - Language and Literature (AS Level only)
AS and A Level Mathematics
Aimed at students intending to focus their studies on Sciences. This group includes Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Geography.
AS and A Level Chemistry
AS and A Level Physics
AS and A Level Biology
AS and A Level Geography
These subjects offer the student the chance to direct their studies into Socio Economic areas, with the opportunity for further studies to be more directed towards these specific areas of study.
AS and A Level Business
AS and A Level Computer Science
AS and A Level Economics
AS and A Level History
Linguistic and language study courses offer students the opportunity to broaden their language skills. We offer three language courses, in addition to English.
Afrikaans (A Level only) - this subject will be withdrawn, the last examination for this subject will be November 2022
Afrikaans Language (AS Level only)
French (A Level only)
French Language (AS Level only)
Spanish (A Level only)
Spanish Language (AS Level only)
These subjects in this section are offered to students wishing to pursue studies in Art and Design and Music
International AS and A Level - Art and Design
International AS and A Level - Music (coming soon)
These courses do not contribute to formal AS and A Level qualifications, however we offer them as a service to our students, to provide them with a holistic education and a full appreciation of the human world
Artistic Expression - RHYTHMIC MOVES - not a formal exam subject
Preparing for THE WORLD OF TOMORROW (all stages)
This is an interdisciplinary learning area where we encourage a love for learning , as well as a personal development journey toward enabling young people to engage socially in a variety of community initiatives , guidance in being responsible citizens and learning vital tools to living healthy, productive and joyous lives.
• personal, social and emotional growth and development (age appropriate)
• knowledge and understanding of the world and our responsible part in it
• environmental awareness
• physical and creative tools to understand in dealing with stress and pressures
• How to conduct oneself well and in a healthy manner within society
• Suicide awareness
• The importance of taking healthy responsibilities
• Learning to control one’s thoughts and actions in a positive and uplifting manner
We at Avicci Academy are concerned with the health and wellbeing of our students, parents and teachers from a physical, emotional and mental perspective.
We realise and value the importance of giving of ourselves, our families and our environment in a healthy way, and we wish to share these views to create a better future for all.
AS Level and A Level - Subjects available from Avicci Academy
Avicci Core Learning Subjects
- English Language
- English – Language and Literature (AS Level only)
Avicci Natural World Studies
- Art and Design
- Music – coming soon
Avicci Socio Economic World Studies
- Computer Science
Avicci Linguistic Studies
- French (A Level only)
- French – Language (AS Level only)
- Afrikaans (A Level only) – withdrawn in Nov 2022
- Afrikaans – Language (AS Level only)
- Spanish (A Level only)
- Spanish – Language (AS Level only)
Avicci Extra Curricular Subjects
- Rhythmic Moves
- The World of Tomorrow